DOING BUSINESS WITH RMTD/NOTICE of PUBLIC HEARING/POLICY STATEMENT AND DBE GOALS
RE: Rebuild Illinois Capital Assistance Grant Application
- Notice is hereby given that a public hearing will be held by the Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD):
Date: Monday, August 23, 2021
Time: 2:45 pm
Place: RMTD, 520 Mulberry Street, Rockford, IL
Room: 2nd Floor Board Room
For the purpose of considering a project for which financial assistance is being sought from the Illinois Department of Transportation, pursuant to its Capital Grants Program. The project is generally described as follows:
- Project Description: Rehabilitation/renovation and expansion of the 520 Mulberry Street Transit Facility (Maintenance, Operations and Administration Building).
- Relocation: Relocation assistance will not be required.
- Environment: This project is being implemented to minimize environmental impacts.
- Comprehensive Planning: This project is in conformance with comprehensive transportation planning in the area.
- Seniors and Persons with Disabilities: All new facilities included in this project will be accessible to seniors and persons with disabilities.
- At the hearing, the RMTD will afford an opportunity for interested persons or agencies to be heard with respect to social, economic and environmental aspects of the project. Interested persons may submit orally or in writing evidence and recommendations with respect to the project.
- The RMTD requests that any hearing-impaired person wishing to attend the Public Hearing notify RMTD at 815-961-9000 or email@example.com at least one week before the scheduled hearing date so that accommodations can be made.
- A copy of the application for the state grant for the proposed project will be made available for public inspection at RMTD.
RMTD Announces Information on Program of Projects
POLICY STATEMENT AND DBE GOALS
The Rockford Mass Transit District conducts procurement transactions in a manner which provides for full and open competition. Rockford Mass Transit District takes all necessary steps to assure a level playing field when awarding contracts. If anyone wishes to protest a procurement the procedure for doing so can be obtained here. protest procedures
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goal
The Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) has established an overall three year goal for participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises for FFY 2022, 2023 and 2024 of 1%, based on information currently available.
The rationale for this goal and supporting information will be available for public inspection at the RMTD Administrative Office, 520 Mulberry Street, Rockford, IL 61101, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. for 30 days from the publication of this notice.
Public comments regarding the DBE goal will be accepted for 45 days from the date of this notice. Qualified DBE firms are encouraged to contact RMTD at the above address to learn how to become certified with the Illinois Unified Certification Program (IL UCP).
Published in Rockford Register Star on June 15, 2021
The Rockford Mass Transit District would like to encourage all small businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals to become certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE). Please visit https://idot.illinois.gov/doing-business/certifications/disadvantaged-business-enterprise-certification/index to apply for a DBE certification with the Illinois Unified Certification Program (IL UCP). The IL UCP was established to meet the requirements in federal regulations, 49 CFR part 26. These regulations require that all recipients of federal-aid must implement a “one-stop” certification process for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs). “One Stop” shopping will be provided to DBE program applicants, such that an applicant need only apply once for DBE certification that will be honored by all participating agencies in the IL UCP. Only the following five agencies, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), City of Chicago, CTA, Metra and Pace, are authorized to accept IL UCP applications.
However, once certified by any of the above agencies, all IL UCP participating agencies, including Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD), will honor that IL UCP DBE Certification. Once you have been certified, your firm will be listed in the IL UCP Directory. Only DBE firms listed in this directory may be counted towards RMTD’s DBE goal. The current directory may be found at http://www.idot.illinois.gov/doing-business/certifications/disadvantaged-business-enterprise-certification/il-ucp-directory/index
If you have any questions regarding the above DBE information, please contact RMTD’s Liaison Officer, Paula Hughes at: Rockford Mass Transit District Attn: DBE Liaison Officer 520 Mulberry Street Rockford, IL 61101-1016
Any additional questions can be directed to Paula Hughes at PHughes@rmtd.org or by calling RMTD at 815-961-9000.