LOOKING FOR A JOB?
RMTD is accepting applications for the following position listed below:
Full Time Mechanic
Perform daily maintenance & repair work of fixed route buses, paratransit & service vehicles; repairs & service may be of a minor or major nature. Working knowledge of diesel engines, equipment repair & maintenance procedures necessary. Ability to do simple math calculations, follow directions & work w/min. supervision. Req. valid CDL (or ability to obtain, training provided), HS diploma or GED & 2 yrs. exp. or graduate of diesel training program. Starting wage $25.86 per hour with generous benefits. Second shift available, requires rotating weekend work.
RMTD has established the goal of 100% drug &alcohol free work place. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
FULL TIME PARATRANSIT DISPATCH/SUPERVISOR
RMTD is seeking a qualified applicant to fill a Full Time position in the Paratransit Department as a Dispatch/Supervisor. Qualified applicants will be responsible for assuring that each Paratransit passenger is picked up in a timely manner while minimizing the number of miles and hours each driver travels and reducing waiting times and in-vehicle travel time for those passengers.
Starting wage: $15.50/hour
The essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Schedule Paratransit trips and make preliminary assignments to vehicles
- Dispatch trips by transmitting trip information to drivers
- Continuously monitor and update drivers’ locations
- Continuously monitor and control the overall scheduling system
- Handle all radio communications in a professional manner
- Other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior office experience including data entry
- CDL eligible (training is provided)
- Working knowledge of Windows and satisfactory typing skills
- Valid drivers license with good and verifiable driving record
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management, communication and organization skills
- Ability to remain calm and execute good judgment in a hectic environment
- Familiarity with Rockford and surrounding areas
- Ability to multi-task
Shift: To be determined, may include evenings or weekends
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time
- Requires the ability to listen, hear and speak over the phone and two-way radio system
RMTD has established the goal of 100% drug & alcohol free work place. Only completed employment applications will be considered. Download and mail completed application or drop off at 520 Mulberry St. Rockford, IL 61101 or fax to 815-490-5035. No phone calls please. EOE/M/F/D/V
PART TIME PARATRANSIT DRIVERS
Transport passengers in the greater Rockford region in a timely, courteous manner via paratransit vehicle. Must be able to handle physical demands of job (job description available) and familiarity with the region. Max 64 hours every 2 weeks, must be available all hours of operation, 7 days a week. CDL needed, not required prior to hire, ability to pass DOT physical. Paid training. Prior transportation experience preferred but not required. Potential for future full-time.
Training pay $13.32 per hour. When training is completed, the Part Time pay is $16.39
Only completed employment applications will be considered. Download and mail completed application or apply in person at 520 Mulberry St. Rockford, IL 61101 or fax to 815-490-5035. No phone calls please.
RMTD has established the goal of 100% drug & alcohol free work place.
Please click below to print out and complete the RMTD Job Application
NOTE: RMTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone interested in learning more about our policy should contact Lisa Brown, RMTD EEO Officer at email@example.com or click to review the document. policy statement
HIPAA Privacy Notice
Rockford Mass Transit District is committed to maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of our employees’ personal information. We are required by the privacy regulations issued under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) to maintain the privacy of employees’ personal health information and other personal information. Rockford Mass Transit uses HireRight services for background screening.