You are encouraged to make your reservation up to two weeks in advance, but no later than the day before your trip. When making a reservation, we prefer you schedule a time for your return trip.
NO CHANGES MAY BE MADE TO A RESERVATION AFTER 5:00 PM THE DAY BEFORE YOUR TRIP.
When making a reservation, please be ready to provide:
- your name;
- the date you want to be picked up at your point of origin;
- your pick-up address;
- where you will be going;
- destination time;
- return time;
- telephone number of your destination;
- time you want to be picked up for your return trip;
- whether you use a wheelchair or other mobility devices;
- if a personal assistant will be riding with you;
- whether a companion will be riding with you at a charge of $3.00 per trip;
- infant seats must be provided by the eligible customers for children under the age of four.
To schedule a ride, eligible, certified users must make a reservation at least (1) day in advance and/or up to 2 weeks in advance. Reservations can be made Monday thru Saturday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Reservations can be made on Sunday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. On any of the 6 holidays in which RMTD/ RMTD Paratransit is closed for business, reservations can be left on the answering machine for the next business day. The 6 holidays observed are New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Canceling a Reservation
To cancel a reservation, please call 815.961.2255 (961-0072 TTY). RMTD ParaTransit would appreciate at least a 24 hour notice, but, please no later than 2 hours before your scheduled trip. If you need to cancel a ride outside of normal Paratransit business hours, you can leave a message on the Paratransit voice mail system.
Failure to cancel a ride is considered a “no-show”. For more information on our “no-show” policy, click here: no show policy