Downtown Transit Facility Ribbon Cutting
Join us as we cut the ribbon on our newly renovated Downtown Transit Facility
August 21, 2019
501 W. State Street
Agenda and other scheduled activities to come shortly. Please check back.
All attendees will receive a commemorative gift to celebrate our special day.
Refreshments to be served after presentations.
About this project:
- Spanning 18 months, this $8.1 million project is funded entirely by the Federal government and the State of Illinois.
- The RMTD Downtown Terminal renovation project is comprised of two components – an enlarged and updated indoor passenger waiting terminal and a newly designed drive for buses to operate on in a more efficient.
- The project in its entirety utilized 75 different contractors and suppliers, the vast majority of those being local businesses.
- RMTD has attempted to include as many sound and sustainable materials into this project as possible.
- The project is considered a renovation project as it incorporates 90% of the original structure.
RMTD wishes to thank the many contractors, vendors, suppliers and business partners who helped complete this project.