REGIONAL MAINTENANCE CENTER
Our goal is to have the Regional Paratransit Fleet operate under the highest possible safety and maintenance standards.
The Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) in conjunction with The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) has developed a paratransit vehicle regional maintenance program for all agencies that are operating paratransit vehicles in northwestern Illinois.
The Rockford Regional Maintenance Center (RMC) service program is offered to any nonprofit in northwestern Illinois (including nursing homes and hospitals). Agencies that have received Section 5310 and 5311 paratransit vehicles from IDOT's CVP program will be given first priority in scheduling repairs. A complimentary loaner vehicle will be available for those agencies within the 60-mile radius of Rockford on a first-come first serve basis. The loaner vehicle is not available to agencies outside of this area or to agencies not included in the section 5310 or 5311 programs.
Technical AssistanceThe RMC is an excellent resource for assisting any paratransit vehicle. RMC personnel are available by telephone, (815)961-2241 or e-mail, maintenance@RMTD.org to provide your maintenance staff with technical support.
Loaner vehiclesThere will be no charge for the use of the loaner vehicle. Because many agencies do not have back-up vehicles, IDOT has purchased a 14-passenger medium-duty, lift-equipped paratransit for use when your vehicle is in for repair. This will not only allow the operator to continue its current level of service, but will make it possible for only one person to bring the vehicle in for service, and allow RMTD the necessary time to complete the repair properly. A CDL license is not required to operate this loaner vehicle.
The intent of this project is to serve as a maintenance resource center for non-routine maintenance and repair. This program is not designed to compete with local private repair shops for routine service. The only instances a routine maintenance item would be contemplated would be: (1) if while in the completion of a major repair on a vehicle it would be determined, by both parties, that it would be advantageous in cost, time and/or safety to have the item repaired satisfactorily by another source.
Policies and procedures for the Regional Maintenance Center.
- A pre-registration form and a loaner agreement must be completed by the user agency prior to any repair work being preformed by RMTD. (Printed forms are available at the RMTD offices)
- As part of the pre-registration, user agencies must obtain concurrence from their governing board to participate in the program and to authorize payment to RMTD.
- Payments for repair work shall be received by RMTD within 30 days of invoice.
- User agencies shall provide proof of insurance covering the loaner vehicle when it is picked up, and while it is in possession of the user agency.
- Any damage to the loaner vehicle shall be the responsibility of the agency operating the vehicle.
- The loaner vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel. The user agency shall return the vehicle to RMTD with a full tank.
- The program for paratransit vehicle repair is open to all non-profit Section 5310 and Section 5311 grantees, and other non-profit social service agencies within a 60-mile radius of Rockford Illinois.